The food addiction quiz is based on the Yale Food Addiction Scale, a scale made to detect those showing signs of addiction towards some kinds of foods like:
- Sweets such as chocolate, candy, doughnuts, ice cream, cake, cookies.
- Starches such as rice, pasta, white bread and rolls.
- Salty snack foods such as pretzels, crackers and chips.
- Fatty food items such as cheeseburgers, hamburgers, bacon, steak, French fries and pizza.
- Sweet beverages such as soda.
The Yale Food Addiction Scale/food addiction quiz is a great tool for revealing eating habits which are much like habits found in typical addiction.
Please note the score on this food addiction quiz is only an indicator of food addiction.
If you suspect that you or someone you know has a food addiction you should seek professional medical advice, no matter what the score on the food addiction quiz was.
Food addiction quiz reference